Gorillas in Uganda
Gorillas in Uganda live in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park in south western side of the country. There are about 1000 mountain gorillas in existence in the whole world. The endangered apes dwell in the forests of Bwindi National Park and Mgahinga in Uganda, Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda and the Virunga in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. But Uganda and its Bwindi forest has the biggest number of Mountain goirllas in the wild. Bwindi boasts of around 19 gorilla families in Uganda whereas Mgahinga has one Nyakagezi gorilla group. Gorilla trekking in Uganda offers a rare opportunity to visit and see the everyday interactions of these gentle, mysterious primates.
What to consider when planning to see gorillas in Uganda?
In case you are planning a safari to visit gorillas in Uganda, you need consider the following:-
- Identifying a reputable tour operator to organise your gorilla safari
- Uganda gorilla permit availability
- Understanding the cost and booking a gorilla trekking permit
- The various gorilla trekking options including starting a trip from Kigali to Uganda, or Entebbe to Bwindi and Mgahinga by flying. Plus transfer by road from Kampala to the gorilla habitats.
- The Best time to trek gorillas in Bwindi and Mgahinga national park
- Gorilla trekking rules and regulations
- Gorilla Trekking Sectors of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- The various tours to see Uganda gorillas
- The gorilla trekking families and groups in Uganda
- Safaris for flying into Rwanda and trek mountain gorillas in Uganda
- What to wear or pack when going for a gorilla safari adventure
- Gorilla Tours by flying from Entebbe to Kihihi or Kisoro town airstrip for gorilla tour encounter
- The 3 day gorilla trekking safari tours in Bwindi or Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
- Visit mountain gorillas in the wild
- Budget gorilla trekking tours and safaris in Bwindi and Maghinga forest
- The frequently asked questions about mountain gorillas and gorilla tracking
- Gorilla Trekking Safari lodges in Uganda
- What are the most affordable ways of watching gorillas in Bwindi